it leaves holes in your pocket and in return you will get a sense of satisfaction that only scrappers will understand :) I always love pretty cards, albums, and gift wraps which I think 99% of the girls do. But I feel so lazy to start this hobby (scrapbooking) as I know it is quite an expensive hobby hehe...After receiving plenty of pretty cards, albums, frames from my scrap addict pal, YW, I think the bug has bitten me too. I told her a night about 2 months ago that I would like to start making cards with scrapbook embellishment.
So my journey for card making started, it was not easy for me as I am not considered an art and craft savvy person. Remember when I was in Primary School, Mom was the one who completed my craft projects hihihi...And I think I better start picking up this skill, as I have a daughter too, hoping I can teach art to her when she grows up and she will be the one doing her own projects , not Mommy... hahhaha...*lazy Mom*
I guess the satisfaction scrappers get is when they look at their own finished products with sense of achievements. And also when they make their friends feel happy when they receive the special gifts. This is something which money can not buy.
As a form of motivation, Hubby bought me my first personal die cutting system, the one shown below left, yesterday at Singapore Book Fair. Yippeee....I have been considering whether or not to get one for quite some time as I worry that this hobby might last me for a while (3 min excitement). But with this 'investment', I have no choice but to improve my skills and make more prettier cards, who knows can be professional personalised card makers in the future ^_^
Thank you Dear for the gift :) Muaacchhh...

Quote for the day:
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted
Way to go pal...hope Kim doesn't hate me too much for passing you the "scrap bug". Happy to see you enjoying scrapping....it's certainly addictive (you most likely already know how serious it can get)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy it!!
Indeed I got to thank you for introducing the scrap fun to me...:)
ReplyDelete