Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to Singapore (Backdated 06/08/09)

I kept praying for a smooth journey back to Singapore given the bad experience on our flight back to Medan. I also kept telling Val to behave well on the plane so next time we can travel more often :) The rush started a night before as our luggage was extremely overweight, only 20 kgs allowed. With budget airline, the overweight is charged per kg, so I smsed a custom officer friend asking for his help to check in (there is this service in Medan where we can just get a custom officer to check in and pay taxes on our behalf, so we don't need to queue for check in). He told me that flight will be crowded and there is this audit group from Singapore on the day so I better not have overweight luggage.

Actually 20 kgs is just so little, the luggage bag is already easily 3-4 kgs, so left 16 kgs for both of us? Pretty hard to do especially for girls ? Hehehehe....But I have no choice as I don't wish to pay extra charges, so have to forgo some dried foods and leave some clothes and books behind. At the end, there was still 3 kgs extra, and I can't be bothered anymore. Trust my friend can do something about it :)

We arrived in the airport at 7 am, Val was still sleepy which I think is good, but once we got through the immigration to waiting room, she seemed to energize straight away. She was walking around, waving to people, and eating her bread. Still not too bad. When we boarded the plane, she was sitting quietly initially but soon into her action of climbing, jumping around. Saying hello to neighbours behind our seat. Glad that we had the row to ourselves too this time:) To buy time, I brought her to restroom to wash her hands (she just loves washing hands as she gets to play with water) then after that she was busy playing with her bread. Tear it, dip it and eat it. I am happy as long as she didn't fussed though it was pretty messy. I was quite satisfied with her throughout this flight. Good girl !

I was relieved upon reaching Singapore as I know I would have an extra hand to 'handle' her. Daddy took 1 day leave to pick us up. Hehehhe...Maybe he misses his little girl too much and can't wait for her to 'warm up' with him again :P And Val also misses Daddy a lot. She kept calling Daddy, Papa whenever I said that we were going back to Singapore. Overall, this was a happy and memorable yet tiring trip! Till next trip ^_^


Quote of the day:
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough

No comments:

Post a Comment