Thursday, August 13, 2009

Reconstruction work

Yesterday, I managed to finish my first mini LO for a good friend of mine after working on it for 2 days. However, without thinking too much, I left it on the dining table and went ahead for a short rest as I was having gastric suddenly. What a big MISTAKE! Val was not sleeping and playing in the living room and she must have seen where I put the LO. She loves the pic of the little baby boy and keep saying "Di Di" from the first time she saw it. Didn't know how she managed to get hold of it as I put it real inside the dining table next to the wall.

After 15 mins of rest, I came out and straight away went to prepare dinner. Peeping her from kitchen, I saw her sitting on the floor in the living room playing quietly. Never thought of anything at that moment. After dinner is ready, I walked over to her and when she turned, I just saw a familiar sticker on her clothes. And it's too late ! She has dismantled the whole LO, sticking the stickers to her clothes and what's left was only the pic and ribbon. I was real furious, mad, angry and gave her a whack. Some people told me that it's not good to whack little kids as they will be more rebellious and naughty. But it's not easy not to do so especially if you are home with an active girl (who behaves more like a boy) 24 hours, 7 days a week. Some people also told me that if you want to hit, have to use a cane and do it real hard, so kids would be afraid and won't do the same mistake again. But kids are kids, they will keep repeating it to make us angry. So for me, it's balance in between. Sometimes use soft method and sometimes hard method.

Usually when we are too stressed up at home, I will bring her out for a walk. A short walk downstairs in the neighbourhood will normally do the trick. Or sometimes when I have more energy, we will go to town, have a good meal, and shop around. Girls are always girls. We love shopping, it's in us :) Val loves shopping and eating too hehehe...Not a good news to Daddy though :P

Below is my initial work of the LO:

And this is the reconstructed work :


Quite like the outcome of the reconstructed work too. Well, lesson learnt!
Lesson 1: Don't simply put our precious belongings where it is accessible for toddler and put higher and higher up as they grow taller too.
Lesson 2 : Always check when they are playing quietly cause it might be something out of ordinary.


Quote of the day:
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best in the doctor's book ?


No comments:

Post a Comment