
I was in the mood for baking today :) And since I haven't been baking for quite some time, I guess I have to make full use of my breadmaker today. Promised Hubby to bake bread for him every week once he bought me a breadmaker earlier this year. But haiz....tend to get lazier and forgetful nowadays esp with the super hot weather (good excuse) *grin*
So let me present Brioche bread to you. Although it was a bit dark but it tastes superlicious esp when eaten hot from oven :P So soft and so tasty as butter and milk were added, must remember it's fattening too...^_^ Brioche and foccacia bread are our favorites from Prima Deli Premix. It wasn't hard to bake using the Premix powder. Just dump everything into the baking pan and choose the right mode on the oven and voila, 3 hours later the scent of freshly baked bread will make you drooling away.
People around the world are consuming more and more bread as it is very convenient esp when rushing for work or school. That's why we see more and more bread shops are mushrooming around and each has its own specialty product. And bread is not cheap. Easily more than $5 just for a few buns for a meal. In my opinion, baking own bread is more expensive than buying the commercial loaf of bread which are found massively in supermarkets but it is still cheaper if compared to those sold in bread shops. Putting cost aside, at least we know what we are putting inside the bread and it does not contain preservative. That's why homemade bread can only last for 2 - 3 days the most and we usually finish it in 2 days.
And dinner for tonight is salmon baked rice with oyster mushrooms, french beans, tomato, and red pepper. Of course, baked rice will never be complete without cheese. Yummy ! I prefer baking to deep frying as it's healthier and easier to clean hehehe...and I also think that I bake better than I cook hahahha....'cos I cook everything with less oil, less salt, less seasonings and my brothers always complain but have no choice than to eat. Only Hubby can accept my bland cooking I guess, lucky he is not too fussy :P
Quote of the Day:
It is often merely and excuse when we say things are impossible
So let me present Brioche bread to you. Although it was a bit dark but it tastes superlicious esp when eaten hot from oven :P So soft and so tasty as butter and milk were added, must remember it's fattening too...^_^ Brioche and foccacia bread are our favorites from Prima Deli Premix. It wasn't hard to bake using the Premix powder. Just dump everything into the baking pan and choose the right mode on the oven and voila, 3 hours later the scent of freshly baked bread will make you drooling away.
People around the world are consuming more and more bread as it is very convenient esp when rushing for work or school. That's why we see more and more bread shops are mushrooming around and each has its own specialty product. And bread is not cheap. Easily more than $5 just for a few buns for a meal. In my opinion, baking own bread is more expensive than buying the commercial loaf of bread which are found massively in supermarkets but it is still cheaper if compared to those sold in bread shops. Putting cost aside, at least we know what we are putting inside the bread and it does not contain preservative. That's why homemade bread can only last for 2 - 3 days the most and we usually finish it in 2 days.
And dinner for tonight is salmon baked rice with oyster mushrooms, french beans, tomato, and red pepper. Of course, baked rice will never be complete without cheese. Yummy ! I prefer baking to deep frying as it's healthier and easier to clean hehehe...and I also think that I bake better than I cook hahahha....'cos I cook everything with less oil, less salt, less seasonings and my brothers always complain but have no choice than to eat. Only Hubby can accept my bland cooking I guess, lucky he is not too fussy :P
Quote of the Day:
It is often merely and excuse when we say things are impossible
Yummy!!!! Tempting me to want to get our own bread maker too. You just motivated me lah...
ReplyDeleteBet Val having all mommy's love & care in the food you make her.
Have a good day pal!
Hahaha...Try look for one which can bake buns too so you don't need another oven....:P
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend ahead !