Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My girl fell sick...

Val woke up from her afternoon nap yesterday with a hotter body than usual. I knew something was not right then, but on the other hand, telling myself maybe it was the hot weather. Prepared her dinner and fed her a few spoon, and she refused to eat. Her body was still hot. She has a fever. After that, she was uncontrollable, crying, sobbing, wailing, and must be carried all the time.

When Daddy reached home, we quickly brought her to doctor and she refused to have her temperature taken. And due to constant crying and phlegm in her throat, she vomited all her lunch intake onto Mommy's in doctor's clinic....hehehe....Doctor even got to wipe the floor afterwards....haiz....not easy being a doctor nowadays....Anyway, doctor had a hard time checking her as she was in her best self defence, turning, kicking, pushing....:P Doctor is her biggest enemy now...

Things didn't get any better when we reached home, we didn't have chance to feed her the medicine, as she saw the colour of medicine, she instantly screamed again....I think she didn't have much energy left from her previous episode. So after milk, she watched Barney for a while and when she didn't notice, I managed to feed her a spoon of paracetamol for fever....After which, she is constantly aware and refused to open her mouth...Luckily, she still wants to drink her vitamin C drink to my relief...

Val seldom falls sick and this is her 2nd time. The first one was about 10 months ago and I already had a very bad experience from it. I think every Mom dreads the period when her kid falls sick cos it's very energy draining and heartpain to see her own child feeling so uncomfortable. Blame myself for not taking care of her well for the past few days as I brought her out for a few hours and without her stroller. She had to walk most of time, I think she was over tired as well :(

Luckily, this morning, she woke up for milk at 3.30 and 7.30 am with better mood and keep saying "I know, I know" hahaha...That's her favourite words now...And even teased my bro who was rushing for work, so I know my baby is getting well soon although the fever is still there.

Get well soon Val, Mommy loves you !


Quote of the Day:
Anytime is the right time for hugs

1 comment:

  1. Hey pal,

    Hang in there! She's going to be well very soon. Kay's sick too, the same time as Val with slight fever since yesterday morning, and had his docter checked him with the same reaction as Val. Got himself a mild inflammed throat & slight sounds of cough.

    So, pray hard that very soon our lil ones will be back to their usual self.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete