Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Playing Dough


Had been thinking to introduce play dough to Val for quite some time, esp after seeing it each time during a visit to Toys 'R Us or Popular, where there were so many pretty colorful doughs available. We didn't even have play dough during our childhood times and I had never known such stuff until I reside in Singapore hehe...But I have one big concern that is Val has a bad habit of putting things in her mouth. I think she wants to 'taste' everything personally and always ignore when we tell her not to do so.

So Mommy decided to create a homemade dough for her by mixing flour and water only. As it was only estimate measurement, the dough was a bit sticky actually. Nevertheless, Val was so curious when I showed her the new 'toy' and soon she was playing with it, pulling, cutting, chopping, mincing, rolling, and as expected, tasting it. And she had a good half an hour playing with it and soon when I saw her starting to create a mess out of it, quickly grab everything and keep, at the same time telling her that Mommy will let her play with it again 'soon'. *grin

Mommy will have to do a better preparation tomorrow when she is allowed to play with it again, otherwise will end up sweeping and mopping the floor again. Plan to let her play on the kitchen floor and afterward, bathing time for her. I think I have to start organizing daily activities for her now since she is older and able to understand more things. She can't keep still anymore when it's time for book reading, drawing or playing puzzle. I think she likes outdoor activities more where she can meet other friends, close to nature, and plenty space to run around. Today, she has more of outdoor activities, brought her around the neighborhood, let her carried the recycle package to the nearest recycle bin, climbing stairs from 1st level to 8th level, which is usually done when Mommy has the stamina to climb together hahaha...Now talking about it, there are still so many things I plan to do with her like visiting the zoo, underwater world, bird park, Singapore flyer, visiting the beach, building sand castle, swimming and we are still waiting for Daddy to be free to do all those....Cos I doubt I can handle her by myself with all the mentioned activities...So looking forward to do all these...When are you free Daddy ? :P


Quote of the Day:
To be happy with simple pleasure is no simple matter


No comments:

Post a Comment