Thursday, September 24, 2009

A 'special' thought

Many years ago, a guy shared with me his personal view on birthdays. He told me that he always wishes his Mom "Happy Birthday" on his own birthday. His reason is that because Mom went through a lot to give birth to her child on the day itself, so it will also be her birth day. My first reaction was: Weirdo! First time I heard such a 'thought'. But I bought into his theory and I still remember the first time I wished my Mom "Happy Birthday" on my birthday. *grin My mom's reaction was, "Hah?", then I told her the reason. Since then, she already gets used to me doing it. And I married this 'weird' guy eventually :) Hehehee....

Tomorrow, it's Val 2 years birthday. When I asked Daddy how should we celebrate, he asked me back," How do you want it to be?" Indeed, both of us came from families who don't celebrate a lot. Normally, we just buy a cake and dine out on any family member's birthday. And when it's our turn to become parents, we also choose for the simple way of celebrations. We will be having birthday meal with my aunt and cousins on her Chinese birthday which falls on the Mooncake Festival. Yes, 3 celebrations at one go, Val's birthday, our wedding anniversary and Mooncake Festival itself, which represents reunion for Chinese.

So for tomorrow, I will be celebrating for her as Daddy will be outstationed for seminar. Actually, I bought a cake this afternoon hoping we can have cake cutting session with Daddy but unfortunately, Val was not feeling well and wasn't in the mood :-( It's all my fault for bringing her out too long hour these few days, she must have been too exhausted with lack of proper rest and meals. *sigh* Get well soon Baby! I need to get rest soon as it will be long and tiring weekend for me as I am on my own. And tomorrow will be my birthday too, remember? *wink

Wishing everyone a great weekend ahead!


Quote of the day:
A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Val, loads of kisses & hugs from aunt Yin Wen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Yin Wen, love your gifts so much...:) Val kept saying "Xie Xie" when she took out each of the gift haha...

    ReplyDelete