Friday, October 2, 2009

Certified CLEAR !

Val is supposed to go back to doc tomorrow to get certification on her situation whether she is cleared from HFMD. But since her spots already dried up few days ago, I thought of bringing her earlier today. Called up the clinic and the doc in practice is our favourite lady doc, then we quickly rushed down to queue. The previous one examining him was a rather impatient male doc and Val was giving him hard time during the check. Grabbing his torchlight, thermometer, and all things on the table hahahha...I think he couldn't stand Val :P


Today, Val was behaving pretty well at the clinic. She followed the doc's instruction well though her hands are also busy grabbing things on the table once we were in. This lady doc is extremely patient and very motherly (fyi, she has 5 children) imagine that. :) When Val goes for her immunisation, I always wait till this doc is in practice, cause she is so patient and Val didn't cry when she was injected. Only a long "Ouucchh...." so I guess this doc has higher skill huahhahaha...And most important she gave Val all cleared certification today! Yipee...

I am so thankful that during this period she is her normal cheerful self with little discomfort, only telling me that it hurts when she drink water for the first 2 days. Other than that, her appetites are good, she even got double milk intake, from 3 times increase to 6 times on top of solid food. Maybe her body needs more energy to rebuild itself :P

Now left Daddy who is waiting to get his CLEAR this coming Sunday and so glad that he is getting better each day. Hope he can go back to work soon cos I am busier with him at home this whole week :P Besides more cooking and cleaning up, I still have to prevent Val from going near him in case he transferred it back to Val. So he just needs to shout when Val goes to him, and I have to stop everything I am doing to separate Val from him. Though checked with doc today, she said that we don't need to do so as Val's body is considered immune to that particular type of virus, so chances of her getting it back from Daddy is small. But there are still many other types of viruses that cause HFMD outside, so we still need to be careful when we go out. Scary...

Thank you for all your concerns through smses, so glad that we can have our normal life back soon!

Wishing everyone a memorable and sweet Happy Mooncake Festival! ^_^


Quote of the day:
Prevention is always better than cure

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your "situation" there is getting better with the days. All the worth the hard work of nursing them back to health.

    Take a good rest pal.

    ReplyDelete