Thursday, November 5, 2009

Potty training progress


I am so happy to announce that Val is off diapers during nap time for a week now :P Yippee...It's an achievement for her as she has always been on diapers 24 hours a day since birth up till 22 months. Wuih!

She was showing a great progress already when we were in Bintan 2 weeks ago. I didn't bring enough diapers so I told her that she must let me know when she wanna "she she = pee" otherwise she will wet her pants. And there wasn't single accident. She also has to use the adult toilet as we didn't bring any potty or children's toilet seat along, so I need to support her back from falling into the toilet when she did her businesses.

After coming back from Bintan, she managed to maintain the "standard" and always tells me each time she wants to pee and we will quickly rush to the potty because when she tells me, it will be at the very last minute and she will straight away pee the moment she sits on the potty. So no delay allowed hehhehe...It has become almost like a game to us and I guess that helps her willingness to co-operate :P

So I started to omit diaper during her nap time and let her pee first before going to bed by reminding her that she is not wearing any diaper so must let Mommy know when she wanna urinate. And voila, it has been a week and it's zero accident too, irregardless whether it's 2 or 3 hours nap :P but we will definitely visit the potty first thing after she wakes up as her bladder is usually very full by then :)

And sometimes she is teasing me with her actions too:

Scenario 1 (during afternoon nap)
Val : "Mommy, yao she shee"
Mommy : "Let's go"
Sit on the potty, nothing come out
Val : "Okay"
Mommy : ???
And she will do it every 15 mins especially if I am almost asleep as she knows Mommy will accomodate her to prevent spileage. Haiz...

Scenario 2 (early morning, with diaper on)
Val : "Mommy, yao she shee"
Mommy : "She shee zai niao pian" (Pee in the diaper)
Val : "Mommy, she shee, she shee, she shee"
Mommy is still sleeping.
Val : "Mommy, qi lai, qi lai" (Get up)
And she will keep repeating it until Mommy wakes up. Hehehehe...

The next challenge would be off diaper during outing and night time, which I am still reluctant to try. What if I couldn't find the nearest washroom when she tells me she wanna pee when we are outside? And for night time, I read that we need to wake her up at least 2 times to pee, and slowly prolong the time until morning. Hhhmmm....maybe let me try the former one first...:P


Quote of the day:
Patience is power. With time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes silk gown

No comments:

Post a Comment