Was baking pizza for lunch last Sat and thought, why not let Val involve in it as she always likes to open my kitchen cabinets, took the plates, saucer pan, and scoop the salt or pour pepper out and play with it. As she is watching me doing it everyday, I guess she wanna try it for herself too :)
So here she is, happily helping in mixing ingredient for the dough for pizza (pics on top) and kneading the cookie dough (pics on bottom) today. This is my first time trying to bake cookies as I was flipping through the instructions book of my bread maker and I thought, why not, since I haven't tried it. Was quite confused with the terms and instructions so actually just trying my luck then. I seldom want to make cookies or pies as the ingredients in the recipe would have already scared me off, esp the amount of butter, sugar or shortening to be put inside. Would definitely feel guilty eating them as I will remember what I have put inside :)

We are baking Oatmeal Raisins Cookies today which seems like a healthier choice to me with 20% less butter and 50% less sugar hahahha...Though it's a bit dry (lack of butter) I guess, but the taste was still good. Val loves it too but just gave her a few bites as cookies are always heaty. I can feel it now as I walloped 3 already so far :)

I love to eat Subway cookies in the past and whenever I pass by Famous Amos, can always smell the irresistible fragrance from the cookies in the baking, but after knowing the ingredients I limit myself to eating them. But I don't do so with cakes hahahha....I love cakes especially the rich type be it cheese or chocolate. No wonder I put on almost 20 kg during my pregnancy as I indulge in cakes once every 2-3 days and continue to do so during my confinement. I was in hubby's hometown during my last 1 month plus of pregnancy and MIL and SIL keep asking whether I want to eat this cake, that cake and worse, I don't know how to say "NO" hahaha...I will take note of this for the next pregnancy as it's not a wise move, besides not so healthy I also find myself hard to lose the extra pound after that....:)
Quote of the day:
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments ~ there are consequences
No comments:
Post a Comment